Friday, January 07, 2011

Creative goals for 2011

Its the beginning of a new year, and time to start thinking about what I would like to achieve creatively over the next twelve months.

This year I plan to commit to a regular crafty day (at least once a month) with my friend Nell (and anyone else we can round up!) so hopefully I might actually get some projects finished.

* Single bed quilt for Jacinta - have the fabrics
* Single bed quilt for Isaac - have the fabrics
* Complete my 'scrap' quilt
* A red, pink & aqua quilt - have the fabrics
* buy a darning foot and learn to free motion quilt
* Crochet a stripy rug for Jacinta's bed - have the wool
* Knit a vest for Jacinta - have the wool (don't have the skill or knowledge!!!)
* Knit a beanie for Isaac - started
* Make a pot holder, tea towel & apron set for the play kitchen
* Flanny PJ pants - 3 each for the kids for winter
* make five gifts for my facebook pay it forward ( I still have some spots if anyone wants to join in! same as my blog PIF from last year, it was just doing the rounds on facebook and I decided to join in there. Join up and I will send you a handmade something with in the next 12 months, in return you agree to post the same offer on your facebook/blog and send out 5 gifts as well. Leave a comment here if you are not a facebooker and I will reserve a spot for you)

OK, that should do me for a start! And that's only the bigger projects I have planned!!!!

Here are the fabrics for my pink/aqua/red quilt. Its my favourite colour combo at the moment. It makes me feel happy just seeing these colours together.


I got this selection yesterday from The patchwork apple (my LQS) which sadly is going to be closing its doors soon... but of course that means a big closing down sale - how could a girl resist!

I will miss being able to pop in there for a little fabric fix, or some creative or practical advice from Jane. I bought my very first quilting fabrics from Jane many years ago (when she was at Lenswood) so its a bit sentimental seeing the shop close. I'm sure life has many wonderful things in store for Jane, and she will now have more time to devote to her family, quilting and life.

1 comments:

Nell said...

SNAP! I LOVE that Bliss range and went in and bought 30cm of each and 2 metres of my favs on the first day of the sale - not sure what pattern I will use for the quilt yet but couldn't miss out on it!

Looking forward to our crafty days - is the first week of school too early for one?
xxx