Monday, August 09, 2010

A new lunch box favourite

I hurriedly copied this recipe from a thread on essential baby the other night, and decided to try them out today. They are yummy, and super quick and easy to make - Isaac & Jacinta have been eating them all day (even after they were packed away in a container with a lid I thought she couldn't get off) and once the older boys have a few after school, I will have to whip up another batch for lunchboxes tomorrow. I think they will be fun to play around with flavourings in too. Spinach, bacon & feta, sun dried tomato & chives...the list is endless!


Cheese and Bacon snacks



200g diced bacon
2 cups grated cheese
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 cup SR flour
1/2 cup milk
1 egg beaten
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard



Place Flour, Bacon, Onion & Cheese in a bowl.
In a small jug combine beaten egg, milk & mustard.
Add the egg/milk mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until thoroughly combined.
Form generous tablespoons of mixture into balls and place on a lined oven tray - allow a little room for spreading.
Bake at 200 C for 18 - 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes approx 25.

3 comments:

MY SPACE said...

YUMMY! I will have to give these a whirl!

Kirsty said...

These look yummy, might have to try them

mOnTy @holasomos7 said...

mmmm delecious cakes. I'll try to cook them. Thanks for sharing the recepie. I like your blog I'll be back soon. From Spain Monty.