Tuesday, April 20, 2010

refreshed

After the last two weeks of school holidays, with our daily life being led by the needs and wants of four children, it was refreshing to spend a few child free hours this morning.

I dropped off Jazz to play with her Auntie and cousins, and spent a little time just wandering. I looked at what ever I wanted, for as long as I wanted. I didn't need to constantly ensure that little fingers were safe, or supply a constant stream of snacks. I didn't have to think of anything but the right here and now.


I ended up with a bag stuffed full of loveliness - all with plans for a new life over the next few weeks.






My plans include making soap, making modelling beeswax, sewing some PJ pants for me and a couple of drawing folders for birthday gifts, maybe even a top for Jazz if there is enough fabric, making a colour matching/sorting game, a cushion for the toddler chair (aka the wooden high chair which I took to with a saw yesterday!), a huge bathmat for the kids bathroom, and several non slip toilet mats.


Wow, that's quite a list!

Lets see how long it takes me to get through it all


I will keep you updated on my progress.


I even shared today's happiness and bought Georgia home with us for a sleep over - much to Isaac & Jacinta's delight!


The little angels were all sound asleep by 7.30pm - sweet!

eta - I'm pleased to report that everyone slept soundly all night at our house, and after speaking to my sister this morning, it was also a very quiet night there - Bailey slept through for the first time, and Vic got her first full nights sleep in about 4 years!

3 comments:

Ruth said...

I spy goats milk! I'm glad you found some. And I look forward to seeing all that you create with your purchases

Nell said...

Oh where did you get "One Gorilla"??? It is one of my favourites and I've never found it anywhere!
Sounds like just what was needed after a busy holiday. Look forward to seeing these projects - must have a sewing day soon!

Rifams Distro said...

Thaanks great blog