Monday, December 21, 2009

2009 Advent blog-a-long | day 21

Presents, Baking and a Celebration

Today I had a lovely postbag full of little gifts arrive on my doorstep.
It was a secret Santa that I was in with my Feb 08 Mums - thanks so much SS, I loved my gifts and the kids were all thrilled to get a little something as well. Caleb commented that "she (my SS) was really nice to send things for us all" - I couldn't agree more! Jazz loves her book, the boys devoured their chocolates, I love my little monogrammed note book and I'm pacing myself through the extremely delicious truffles in the gorgeous teal and red box! A little more baking this morning - a rhubarb, apple & peach crumble - it was YUMMMMMMMY!

And last, but definitely not least - a big Happy 65th Birthday to my Dad (***waving*** Hi Dad - he always reads my blog ) for yesterday. ....only two more days until he retires!!!!!! and let me tell you, he is more than a little excited about that prospect!

Of course a birthday celebration isn't complete with out friends and family, a delicious BBQ (ably cooked by the son-in-laws) and my Mums chocolate cake. Turning two in a couple of months is gong to be lots of fun for Jacinta, two of her favourite things are cake and candles - VERY, VERY exciting...and did I mention messy......and lots of other yummy goodies!!! I made mini pavlovas with cream and strawberries, Vic made chocolate ripple cakes and Jode made her first ever Croquembouche - it looked awesome and tasted pretty good too.

0 comments: