Sunday, April 01, 2007

Sorry (before you go any further)

This post may well loose me some friends, and probably any credability that I actually have anywhere, but Im still going to share my thoughts on this subject with you all.................


Ive spent the last couple of hours seriously deliberating a lot of things that have been part of my life, especially my life during the 80s and Ive come to the conclusion that Im a tragic 80s music junkie LOL Ive been trawling through itunes, and then I googled the top 100 songs for each year, and compiled a list of my favourite tunes from the 80s..OK its a long list (dont say I didnt warn you!!!) but it was so much fun to do!!! Im pretty sure that this will destroy my credability with many of you (once again dont say I didnt warn you LOL) and if the thought of many of these songs doesnt do it, the fact that I still LOVE lots of these songs today should be the deal breaker. OK..ready... make yourself a cuppa,
sit back,
imagine yourself,
BIG hair, legwarmers, skin tight bubblegum jeans and Addidas Roams(or desert boots) and a good old buckle bag (which scarily seems to be making a come back !)
and come on a tour of the 80s with me...
Im sure youll know lots of the words (come on be honest!)


1980
All out of love Air supply
Blame it on the boogie The Jacksons
Crazy little thing called love Queen
Rock Lobster B 52s
Sexy Eyes Doctor Hook
Video Killed the radio star The Buggles
You may be right Billy Joel

1981
Celebration Kool and the gang
Jessies Girl Rick Springfield
Kids in America Kim Wilde
Making your mind up Bucks Fizz
Medley Stars on 45
More than I can say Leo Sayer
The winner takes it all ABBA
Theme from Greatest American Hero Joey Scarbury
Why do fools fall in love Dianna Ross
You’ve lost that lovin feeling Hall And Oats

1982
Come on Eileen Dexys midnight runners
Hurts so good John Mellencamp
I love rock and roll Joan Jets and the blackhearts
Jack and Dianne John Meloncamp
Key Largo Bertie Higins
Physical Oliva Newton John
Shake it up The Cars
The final countdown Europe

1983
Every breath you take The police
Flashdance Irene Cara
Im still standing Elton John
Little Red Corvette Prince
Mickey Toni Basil
Sweet dreams Eurythmics
Tell her about it Billy Joel
Total Eclipse of the heart Bonnie Tyler
Twisting by the pool Dire Straits
Up where we belong Joe Cocker
Weve got tonight Kenny Rogers and Sheena Easton
You cant hurry love Phil Collins

1984
Come on Feel the noise Quiet Riot
Dance hall days Wang chung
Do they know its Christmas Band aid
Drive The Cars
Footloose Kenny Loggins
Girls just wanna have fun Cindy Lauper
Hello Lionel Richie
I just called to say I love you Stevie Wonder
I send a message INXS
I want to know what love is foreigner
Jump Van Halen
Jump (for my love ) The Pointer Sisters
Like a virgin Madonna
Never ending story Limahl
No second prize Jimmy Barnes
Original Sin INXS
Relax Frankie goes to Hollywood
Sad songs (say so much) Elton John
Shout Tears for fears
Take on me A ha
The longest time Billy Joel
Thriller Michael Jackson
Time after time Cindy Lauper
Uptown Girl Billy Joel
Wake me up before you go go Wham
Were not gonna take it Twisted sister
You might think The Cars

1985
California Girls David Lee roth
Can't Fight This Feeling REO Speedwagon
Close to me The Cure
Crazy for you Madonna
Heaven Bryan Adams
Id die to be with you tonight Jimmy Barnes
Into the groove Madonna
Money for nothing Dire Straits
Neutron Dance The pointer sisters
Summer of 69 Bryan Adams
Ti amo Laura Branigan
Walking on Sunshine Katrina and the waves
We are the world USA for Africa
We built this city Star ship
White Wedding Billy Idol
You’re the inspiration Chicago

1986
Addicted to love Robert Palmer
Listen Like thieves INXS
Livin on a prayer Bon Jovi
ROCK in the USA John Mellencamp
Spirit in the sky Doctor and the medics
Take my Breath away Berlin
The final countdown Europe
To Be A Lover .Billy Idol
Tonight she comes The cars
Walk Like an Egyptian The Bangles
Walk Of Life Dire Straits
We built this city Starship
When the going get tough Billy Ocean
Working class man Jimmy Barnes
You Give Love A Bad Name Bon Jovi

1987
(I've Had) The Time Of My Life".....Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes
Electric Blue Icehouse
Hold me now Jonny Logan
Livin' On A Prayer".....Bon Jovi
Mony Mony Billy Idol
Respectable Mel & Kim
Should've Known Better".....Richard Marx
The Lady In Red".....Chris DeBurgh

1988
A Groovy kind of love Phil Colins
Bad Medicine Bon Jovik
Candle In The Wind, Elton John
Don’t be cruel Cheap Trick
Endless Summer Nights," Richard Marx
Heaven is aplace on earth Belinda Carlisle
Hungry Eyes Eric Carmen
I need a lover John Melloncamp
Im gonna be (500 miles) The proclaimers
Invisible Touch Genisis
Kokomo, Beach Boys
Make Me Lose Control, Eric Carmen
Perfect Fairground attraction
Pour Some Sugar On Me Def Leppard
Simply Irresistible, Robert Palmer
Sweet Child o mine Guns and Roses
The flame Cheap Trick

1989
Eternal Falme The bangles
Love Shack B 52s
Paradise City Guns and Roses
Right Here waiting Richard Marx
The living Years Mike and the mechanics
The Look Roxette
Wind beneath my wings Bette Midler

So which one was your favourite song from the 80s (probably not on my list !) Post your favourites on your blog and leave me a link so I can come check out if there are any other 80s music tragics like me out there LOL

hehehehehe now which one is it that your not going to be able to stop singing all day?????????

4 comments:

Erica said...

OMG I love 'em all! Even reading that list put me straight back in high school in an instant!

Thanks for sharing Nicnac, and thanks for helping me procrastinate a little longer today while I download all the hits of the 80's!!

E xx
(and, yes, I did consider commenting anonymous!!!! lol)

kathie said...

Wonderful!!!!
Well you already know my sorry secrets. Because I posted them at http://kathielink.blogspot.com/2007/02/breaking-out-ol-stamps.html

My favourite 80s song though. Ooooh, that's a toughie. Can't choose between "Smalltown Boy" by Bronski Beat and "Sign Your Name" by Terrance Trent D'arby.

Sad, huh.

Mel Diener said...

Well, I'm a super dag right along side of you Nic. I long for the 80s music to come back. I love so many of them it's not funny.

I'll have to dig up my favourites and make a list.

And bloglines isn't letting me know when you've updated grrrr.

Anonymous said...

oh love your work Nic! totally gonna have to blog my faves... thanks for the inspiration.

ok some of my faves from your list: Come on Eileen [DMR], Shout [TFF], I need a Lover [JCM]..... but so many many other great ones here.

i wore romes & desert boots, smile jeans [painted on], leg warmers, fluro socks & laces, crimped my hair, wore 'choose life' t-shirts, kissed way too many boys, rollerskated, danced & sang to all my 80's records constantly. great great era.K
kate M xo