Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Scrappin' time!

Yesterday I had a lovely day scrapping with the greatest group of girls. The time went so fast, and I really didint get all that much done, but it was great to catch up with, Kathie, Kate, Mel & Jane again, and get to meet baby Charlotte and baby Ben (who are both just adorable!!!)

I got to have a little play with Kates sizzix - I hadnt really used one of these before, and it was so much easier than hand cuting all the hearts I wanted for my LO. Mind you when I pulled the LO this morning to finish it, I only ended up using five of them. No doubt you will see the rest pop up on a LO really soon.

This started out as a 12x12 but using the smaller size lately Im really struggling to go back to 12x12s. This is a very different LO to my usual style ( what ever that may be). I think Im going through that mid life scrapping crisis LOL Im experimenting a lot more, but Im finding Im not that comfortable with some of the results - they just arn't me I guess. Hopefully I get the urge to settle down and find 'me' again real soon!!! For now Im just going with the flow and seeing where this little 'stage' takes me. I also finished this LO this morning (Isaac is actually having a decent sleep for a change!!!) As you can see also not my usual style!!! Lots of doodling and hand cutting - no sign of any sanding, inking or stitching...no wonder I have that feeling they are missing something!


Murphies Law - I dared to mention the fact by little man was having a good sleep and he is stirring - always the way. I better go and get him up and give him a big smooch - I havnt seen that precious little smile for a whole two hours, Im missing him :0) but Im not complaining about a sleep that long, it doesnt happen very often.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

They are both beautiful layouts!

Katie Toland said...

Gorgeous layouts Nic. Both beautiful photos, and I love all the hearts on Isaac's. I'll have to find someone with a heart cutter to punch me some LOL.

Roz said...

wow Nic, stunning LO's!! I don't care what 'style' you do or choose, cause your work will always be sensational!

kathie said...

Gorgeous. I love how the one you started at Kate's ended up.
Kathie

Ruthy said...

Hi Nic, Dropped by to say hi and how goregous your LO's are too. Know what you mean about the smaller formate verus 12". It was really hard to go back too after doing heritage in the smaller format. I've decided to dedicate the smaller sizes to feature albums and scrap 12" for our year books. My compromise anyway!
ruthy x